Welcome to Jim Williams Books (this site is now developed by fans)
Jim Williams Books – Crime Fiction Novels, Historical Romance & Science Fantasy plus two Non-Fiction Books
Jim Williams Books is the website of Jim Williams, the Booker Prize nominated author whose works include Crime Fiction (Thrillers & Murder Mystery), Historical Romance, Science Fantasy and a guide to writing autobiography; he is a popular Speaker on cruises and he gives lectures to Readers’ Groups, U3A – University of the Third Age meetings and Literary and Philosophical Societies – and he is (just possibly) a Charlatan. He wrote Lara’s Child, the sequel to Nobel Prize in Literature winning Boris Pasternak’s Dr Zhivago.
Jim Williams‘ summary of his site:
- Books I’ve been a published author of both fiction and non-fiction for more than thirty years. If you’d like to see a list of my books and know more about them then follow the Books link above
- About It’s compulsory for authors to write something about themselves. I’ve overcome my embarrassment and written a short biography which you can see here.
- Autobiography a free course based on A message to the children: a guide to writing your autobiography
- Blog Somewhere I write about my books and writing and sound off.
- Speaker Do you need a speaker for a particular occasion? If you follow the link it will tell you the subjects on which I may be able to help.
- Writing whodunnits Some notes on writing whodunnits
- Contact Me If you want to get in touch directly.
- Messages If you want to leave a permanent message.
- Background Readers often want to know the background to a book: how it came to be written and what its meaning is as the author conceived it. By linking to a particular book, you’ll find further links to background material where I’ve provided it.
Jim Williams latest Crime Fiction Novel – “American Values” – Amazon UK Amazon.com
Here is a list of his books:
Writing as Jim Williams
Jim Williams Books – Thrillers
Jim Williams Books – Murder Mysteries
THE DEMENTED LADY DETECTIVES’ CLUB
THE ENGLISH LADY MURDERERS’ SOCIETY
THE STRANGE DEATH OF A ROMANTIC
Jim Williams Books – Historical/Romance
Jim Williams Books – Science Fantasy
Jim Williams Books – Non-fiction
A MESSAGE TO THE CHILDREN: A GUIDE TO WRITING YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Writing as Richard Hugo
Writing as Alexander Mollin
“Jim Williams first hit the news when his early novels had the uncanny knack of coming true. The Hitler Diaries was published nine months before the celebrated forgery came out. Farewell to Russia dealt with a nuclear disaster in the Soviet Union months before the Chernobyl disaster. Lara’s Child, his sequel to Doctor Zhivago, provoked an international literary scandal and led to his being a guest speaker at the Cheltenham Festival.Scherzo, a witty and elegant mystery set in eighteenth century Venice, was nominated for the Booker Prize. All of his fiction has been published internationally. American Values is his thirteenth novel.”
I was born in Oldham, England, the son of a coal miner and a cotton mill worker and grew up in circumstances that would today be considered poor. However I had loving parents and benefitted from a good education.
I have a degree in law and sociology and speak French, German and Spanish and have a smattering of other languages. Since 1970 I’ve been a qualified barrister, though I no longer practice. I am a Fellow of the Indian Society of Arbitrators, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the founder and a fellow of the Institute of Applied Charlatanry. One of these qualifications is entirely worthless and I leave you to guess which.
The most important fact in my life is that I have had a long and loving marriage to a wonderful wife, and my grown-up family still gather with us most Sundays for a family dinner.
I seem to have a happy, easy-going nature and I take a great deal of pleasure in ordinary things such as walking or gardening. My wife and I enjoy theatre, ballet, opera, paintings and dancing at every possible opportunity.
I consider autobiography an important subject and have written about it. If you would like to know more about my life and also if you want to know how to set about writing your own autobiography, you may wish to read my A Message to the Children: A Guide to Writing your Autobiography.