Welcome to Jim Williams Books
Jim Williams Books is the website of Jim Williams, the Booker Prize nominated author whose works include Crime Fiction (Thrillers & Murder Mystery), Historical Romance, Science Fantasy and a guide to writing autobiography; he is a popular Speaker on cruises and he gives lectures to Readers’ Groups, U3A – University of the Third Age meetings and Literary and Philosophical Societies – and he is (just possibly) a Charlatan. He wrote Lara’s Child, the sequel to Nobel Prize in Literature winning Boris Pasternak’s Dr Zhivago.
Jim Williams‘ summary of his site:
- Books I’ve been a published author of both fiction and non-fiction for more than thirty years. If you’d like to see a list of my books and know more about them then follow the Books link above
- About It’s compulsory for authors to write something about themselves. I’ve overcome my embarrassment and written a short biography which you can see here.
- Autobiography a free course based on A message to the children: a guide to writing your autobiography
- Blog Somewhere I write about my books and writing and sound off.
- Speaker Do you need a speaker for a particular occasion? If you follow the link it will tell you the subjects on which I may be able to help.
- Writing whodunnits Some notes on writing whodunnits
- Contact Me If you want to get in touch directly.
- Messages If you want to leave a permanent message.
- Background Readers often want to know the background to a book: how it came to be written and what its meaning is as the author conceived it. By linking to a particular book, you’ll find further links to background material where I’ve provided it.
“Jim Williams first hit the news when his early novels had the uncanny knack of coming true. The Hitler Diaries was published nine months before the celebrated forgery came out. Farewell to Russia dealt with a nuclear disaster in the Soviet Union months before the Chernobyl disaster. Lara’s Child, his sequel to Doctor Zhivago, provoked an international literary scandal and led to his being a guest speaker at the Cheltenham Festival.Scherzo, a witty and elegant mystery set in eighteenth century Venice, was nominated for the Booker Prize. All of his fiction has been published internationally. American Values is his thirteenth novel.”
Here is a list of his books:
Writing as Jim Williams
Writing as Richard Hugo
Writing as Alexander Mollin